You've Been Hacked!

Today, for the lack of excitement (yaaa..many people on leave and the whole of Selangor must be thronging Jln TAR) , I decided to plan for  a long weekend get-away. Clicked here and there, checked for prices, looked for attractions and kid-friendly holiday sites (the bane of all parents..sigh..not the kids but rather a holiday venue that would humour them..).

I finally found some possibilities to suit my budget (think forward spending...). So I decided to check my daughter's school schedule to see whether the dates I was considering would fit in ie no co-curriculum filled weekends, no tests or exams anywhere near the dates. To my shock and dismay,  instead of what I was expecting, I found this on the school website:
Republic Of Indonesia
Kalashnikov - Newbie_043 - Vegasus - r1pp3rm4ya - Hmei7
Moeslem H4x0r - Indonesia H4x0r
Contact me :
medan@hack.cl
In blazing red some more!

I was rather exasperated (I was on a mission, 'kay!!) and so I went on facebook and found the school's official page and reported on the wall.

A little after 3pm I went back to the school's website:

And it was up and running -- hurray!

 And on the facebook page there was a little message: "Laman web ini diserang pada jam 8.59 pagi ini... dikesan/dimaklumkan jam 12.28 ptg... kembali sedia kala jam 1.05 ptg.. laman web sekolah telah ditingkatkan tahap keselamatan untuk mengelakkan kejadian berulang.."
What prompt action! Kudos to the administrator and tech team.

All this got me thinking - who hacked the website and why a school's website? To mark a celebration of a neighbouring country? Because you can?

Hmmmm..

Comments