School with a lot of heart

Hi, there.
It's February 2015 already? Time really flies..especially when there's so much to see and do, right? Not when 2014 just slams into 2015 without much of a slow-down, for me that is.

Anyway, my January was one that I shall always cherish. After attending a School-In-Hospital conference in November, I was eager to find out more.  For the uninitiated, the School-In-Hospital is a joint collaboration between the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health to provide formal schooling to young patients either warded or those receiving scheduled treatment in hospitals.

So, I wrote to the Special Education Division and sought their permission to visit the nearest hospital in my area that has such a school - Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Medical Centre.

What came out of it was this feature article published in Learning Curve of the New Straits Times.



The teachers from UKMMC's School-In-Hospital are a dedicated lot. Also the hospital staff. I was truly humbled. They're truly heroes.


Comments